How would you like to give truly meaningful Holiday gifts this year?
In the next few weeks, millions of gifts are going to be exchanged. Many of these end up collecting dust after they have provided a few minutes of pleasure. Only the truly meaningful gifts will be used and reused, because they bring value to the recipient’s life.
Meaningful gifts can inspire, encourage, bring about a healthy mindset, promote relaxation and renewal, provide positive experiences and in short, increase overall quality of life.
If you want your Holiday gifts to have true meaning this year, this gift guide is for you. It contains 40+ meaningful gift suggestions that have been organized into the following 5 categories:
- Value-packed Stocking Stuffers
- Gifts that Give an Experience
- Gifts that Encourage Relaxation and Renewal
- Gifts that Provide Moments of Reflection and Inspiration
- Gifts that Increase Health and Wellbeing
Value-packed Stocking Stuffers
These items are small but valuable because they encourage good health and a positive mindset.
Word Bracelets – Bracelets engraved with a word of encouragement, joy, worth, love or inspiration make treasured gifts. If you are crafty, you can make word bracelets on your own or you can buy them at various places, including My Intent.
Sleep Strips – A good night of rest increases physical strength, boosts cognition and perception, while also regulating hormones and helping decrease anxiety and depression. You can give the gift of better sleep with all these benefits by giving sleep strips, like Somnifix.
Essential oils – Essential oils are always a nice gift because they support general health and wellbeing. DoTerra essential oils are some of the best and these are a few of our favorites:
- Serenity – Calms the mind, body and emotions. Encourages relaxation.
- Lavender – Reduces anxiety and soothes skin irritations.
- Peppermint – Aids digestion and respiratory function. A natural insect repellent.
- Eucalyptus – Eases nasal congestion and sore throats. Reduces inflammation.
Mindfulness Cards – Mindfulness cards have prompts and exercises that encourage us to develop a balanced lifestyle, appreciation, and awareness, as well as kindness and acceptance of ourselves and others. A set of mindfulness cards can be a life-changing gift.
Healthy Snacks – Holidays bring with them special treats – treats full of unhealthy sugars, fats and carbohydrates. These holiday foods taste great, but they take a toll on our health and often cause weight gain, decreased immunity, energy slumps, and in some cases even depression.
You can help your friends and family by giving them healthy alternatives to replace some of their holiday treats. Here are several delicious and nutritious alternatives that we sell online and in our shop that you should consider:
- Double Dark Chocolate Bar – This tasty bar is full of protein, antioxidants, healthy fats and other nutrients, while also being completely gluten and sugar-free.
- Chocolate Mint Bar – This bar has a wonderful chocolate and mint flavor. It provides a healthy amount of fiber and for those who need it, we have a very similar dairy-free chocolate mint bar.
- Cocommune Bars – Anyone who loves Mounds bars will love a Cocommune bar. It has a moist coconut filling that is covered with a coating of dark chocolate. It provides a generous serving of coconut oil and prebiotic fibers that support healthy digestion.
CBD Products – CBD oil is well-loved for the way that it calms anxiety and helps regulate moods while also boosting energy and general health. We offer a variety of CBD products at our store and online, including:
- Thrival CBD Extract – This is the purest form of CBD extract. It has all of its natural nutrients and active compounds.
- CBD Soaps – These soaps cleanse gently and promote healing thanks to the CBD in them. You can purchase these soaps in 4 pleasant scents: Cucumber Melon, Black Chamomile, and Charcoal and Clay, as well as White Tea and Ginger
- CBD Dog Treats – Made from naturally yummy pumpkin, these dog treats include a beneficial dose of CBD oil, along with Omega-3 fatty acids, amino acids and essential enzymes.
Gifts that Give an Experience
Experiences expand our horizons and keep us from becoming stagnant in life. We can give experiences to others by giving gift certificates to places such as the following:
Peak Performance Float and Wellness Center – Peak Performance specializes in using float therapy, light therapy and yoga to alleviate pain, stress and insomnia, so that each client can enjoy improved health and reach their peak performance.
Sage Studio Spa – This boutique day spa is a great place to relax and benefit from aromatherapy, massages and herbal facials. They also offer luxurious Vichy Showers – a form of refreshing and rejuvenating hydrotherapy that originated in France.
Back to the Table Cooking School – Begun by two sisters, Back to the Table Cooking School offers a variety of classes and special events that bring people back to the joy of cooking from scratch and spending time together around the dinner table.
Gifts that Encourage Relaxation and Renewal
In our fast-paced society, moments of relaxation are hard to find. When we do find them, they are precious and go a long way toward renewing our strength, energy and a positive outlook on life. The following gift ideas can encourage relaxation and bring renewal to those you love.
Spa Bath Sets – Time at the spa is relaxing and recharging. Spa bath sets make it possible for us to enjoy spa time in our own homes and as often as we care to. Most spa sets, like the 100% natural, cruelty-free, and vegan-friendly Bougie Bath, come with hydrating bath bombs, deep facial cleanses, and relaxing spa candles.
Tea – Tea is wonderfully calming from the moment that you put it on to brew to the very last sip. The Republic of Tea is an outstanding tea company that is committed to goodwill and social responsibility. They produce a wide variety of premium teas, including numerous herbal teas, matcha blends and black teas.
We keep a variety of teas from the Republic of Tea in our store and you are welcome to come by anytime and get some.
Candles – Aromatherapy has been around for decades. It helps bring harmony to our body and soul, as well as to our homes. Candles are a great way to include aromatherapy in our lives. Here are two types of candles that make great gifts:
- Benevolence – Benevolence candles come in a variety of pleasant fragrances, including Oud Wood, Rose and Sandalwood, and Luxurious Redcurrant & Vanilla. Each of their candles includes essential oils and is made of soy wax so that it burns cleanly.
- Chesapeake Bay – The Chesapeake Bay company also makes their candles of soy wax and includes essential oils in them. Some of their best candles are Lemongrass Eucalyptus that is made to awaken and invigorate, as well as Cashmere Jasmine that inspires peace and tranquility.
Essential Oils and Diffusers – I know we have already mentioned essential oils several times, but they are worth mentioning again because they help us in many vital ways, including by relieving anxiety and helping us relax.
A set of basic essential oils, such as Cliganic Certified Organic Essential Oils, can be a very meaningful Christmas gift. You can also consider giving a diffuser to be used with the oils. Here are two options to consider:
- Ultrasonic VicTsing Diffuser – This VicTsing is ultrasonic and BPA-free. It has a high-performance atomizer plate that mixes water and the essential oil of your choice into a gentle mist that can last anywhere from 3 – 10 hours depending on the setting.
- UrPower Real Bamboo Diffuser – This diffuser is good-looking and efficient. It can create a continuous mist for 3 hours or an intermittent mist for up to 8 hours. Its bamboo outer shell can be light or dark bamboo and it has 7 LED mood lights to choose from.
Weighted blanket – Improved sleep, reduced anxiety and stress, and comfort are just a few of the benefits that a weighted blanket can give. High-quality weighted blankets, like the MG Mulgore Blanket, are often made of natural bamboo fiber material that whisks away humidity and increases breathability. They also have double stitching to keep the glass beads which provide weight evenly distributed.
Heat wraps – Warmth is relaxing and heat wraps make a valuable contribution to health and wellbeing. Heat wraps come in various shapes, for instance U shaped to fit around the neck and rectangular to stretch across the shoulders or lower back.
Gifts that Provide Moments of Reflection and Inspiration
Our lives are better and more satisfying if we take time to reflect, dream and find the inspiration that we need to continue on. The following gift ideas will help the receiver take time for reflection and inspiration.
Power Thought Cards – These cards vary from set to set, but most of them use empowering questions and positive affirmations to help increase self-awareness and inner strength. Power Thought Cards by Louise Hay and Affirmation Cards by Dessie make exceptionally nice gifts because they include artwork along with the questions and affirmations.
Inspirational Phrases – We all need to be reminded to “Live Strong” and that “Failure is only an opportunity to begin again”. You can give inspirational phrases like these in a variety of ways, such as Pavilion Comfort Candles engraved with a memorable saying, an Inspirational Throw Blanket that is full of positive energy, and even Inspirational Leather Bracelets.
Journals – Journals help us reflect on the progress that we have made in life, the joys we have experienced and lessons learned. They also help us stay focused on our goals. Journals make great gifts, independent of whether they are a Five- Minute Journal or a Guided Journal that encourages mindfulness.
Activity Trackers – Activity trackers track movements, breathing patterns and sometimes even our temperature. They can help us optimize our exercise routines, stress management and even our quality of sleep. Here are two activity trackers that consistently receive great reviews:
- Oura Ring – This tracker is small, but powerful. It keeps track of your heart rate, breathing patterns, steps, calories, and temperature. Then it gives you accurate insights to help you improve your performance in every area of life. We appreciate the Oura ring so much that we did a detailed review on it.
- Spire Stone – The spire stone is a little over 1.5 inches long and 1 inch wide and must be worn against the body. It efficiently tracks activity, steps, calories and respirations. One of the Spire Stone’s best features is that when the wearer’s breathing becomes tense or erratic, it sends a notification reminding them to relax.
Yoga Accessories – Yoga helps us open our hearts and minds and go beyond what we thought was possible. Anyone who enjoys yoga will love receiving accessories that encourage them to continue developing a healthy, yogi lifestyle. Manduka mats, colorful mat carrying bags and cotton Yoga bolsters are all great Yoga gifts.
Gifts that Increase Health and Wellbeing
A healthy lifestyle is not a result of doing something big, but rather faithfully doing little things, like drinking water, eating a variety of veggies and in short, taking care of our bodies. This last section of gift suggestions focuses on practical gifts that will help the receiver take care of the small, but vital things in life.
Water Bottles with Time Markers – For one reason or another, most of us struggle to drink the amount of water that our bodies need each day. A water bottle with time markers on the side can remind us to drink frequently and help us keep track of how much we have already drunk. The Cactaki 32oz Water Bottle with Time Markers is great for people who spend most of their time indoors and the Giotto Gallon Water Bottle with Time Markers is a nice option for anyone who spends a lot of time outdoors.
Blue Light Blocking Glasses – Televisions, computers, smartphones and many other electronics emit blue light which can damage our eyes, cause insomnia and in some cases, even influence our moods. Blue light blocking glasses, such as the TrueDark Glasses, provide protection from these harmful light rays, reduce eye strain and often improve sleep.
Vegetable Chopper – Cooking from scratch is healthy because it allows us to control the source of our food and also how it is seasoned, but it can be time-consuming, especially if you have a variety of vegetables to slice or chop. A vegetable chopper makes it easier to prep those fresh vegetables and get them onto the table.
Countertop blender – Countertop blenders, like the Nutribullet and the Cincred Single Blender, are also wonderful gifts for those who want to eat healthily because they make it easy to fix nutritious shakes, as well as fresh fruit and vegetable juices.
Cooling towel – One of the downsides to exercising is how hot and sweaty we get. Cooling towels, like those by Your Choice, are great for soaking up sweat, cooling the bodies and encouraging us to keep exercising. These towels are made of a high-density cooling mesh that is 100% eco-friendly.
We hope that this gift guide has given you several ideas for meaningful gifts that will not only express your care and appreciation to your friends and family, but will also give them many benefits for a long time.
Fun Fact: Americans spend more than $3 billion every year on wrapping paper and gift bags. If we were to lay all this gift wrapping out flat it would stretch for more than 500,000 miles which is the equivalent of crossing the United States from coast to coast 178 times. Team Cambiati hopes you have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year – and don’t forget to enjoy your gift wrapping!