- 1/2 cup pure pumpkin puree
- 1/2 canned full fat coconut milk
- 1 1/2 tbsp 100% cocoa
- 1 tbsp xylitol or ½ tsp stevia
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups almond milk
- 1 1/2 Tbsp almond butter
- Optional: dairy free chocolate chips or raw cacao nibs for crunch
Put all the ingredients in a blender and pulse until fully combined. Pour into ice-cream maker and prepare according to instructions.
No ice cream maker? No worries! Here are other ways to make delicious ice cream at home:
- Using your Vitamix: blend all ingredients and pour into ice cube trays. Freeze completely. Once frozen, blend ice cubes until just smooth. Enjoy!
- Need it now? Pour all ingredients into your Vitamix with 3-4 cups ice cubes (add last). Select variable 1, slowly turn machine on and slowly increase speed to variable 10, then to high speed. Tamper down the ingredients into the blades. After about 45 seconds the sound of the motor will change and mounds should form. Stop machine. Don’t overblend or you’ll melt your icy cold goodness! Enjoy immediately.
No vitamix? No problem.
- Try this method using a hand mixer and a large bowl of ice.