If you, (like us) have a special place in your heart for kale chips, then you know that type of love can make quite a dent in your wallet. The good news? You can make some yourself at home very, very easily!
- 1 large bunch of organic Kale (any variety)
- 2 tsp Bragg’s Liquid Aminos or Coconut Aminos (use a bit more – it’s less salty than Bragg’s)
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp oil
If you want to get fancy (and closer to the store-bought variety), you can try mixing soaked, rinsed, and blended cashews with roasted red pepper along with the above ingredients for a thicker “cheezy” coating!
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Tear kale into bite-sized pieces (or buy it already chopped!) and place into a large mixing bowl. Toss with the aminos, nutritional yeast and oil and massage to coat. Adjust flavorings to your tastes, and then arrange on a baking sheet. Tip: cover baking sheet with parchment paper for easier clean up.
- Bake for 10-15 min, watching to make sure kale does not burn. It should be slightly browned, but not burned!
- Pizza: 2 tsp garlic powder, 1 tsp oregano and 2 tsp dried basil, optional to add red pepper flakes
- Curry: 1 tsp curry powder, 2 tsp garam masala, 1 tsp garlic
- Kale with a kick!: Sprinkle with cayenne pepper