Delta, omicron…we wish these Greek letters were bringing us back to our college party ways, but alas, COVID is continuing on. We know this new hurdle is on our clients’ minds, and our advice remains the same—do all you can to boost your immune system and protect yourself from these Greek hazers.
Here are a few of our favorite ways to get you saying, “I ain’t afraid of no Omicron” . . .
- As the foundation for a strong constitution, diet is paramount. A CambiatiClean lifestyle is going to boost your immunity and have you feeling more robust in the face of rising COVID challenges. Have you fallen off the wagon? Forgotten the formula? It might just be time to get reacquainted, perhaps redo the cleanse or have a couple of sessions with a Cambiati nutritionist (hint—give us a call and we’ll set you up! 925-280-4442).
- Our clients have been loving our vitamin IV therapy, which we brought on in the midst of the pandemic to support you in getting higher doses straight to the source. Choose from a list of high-quality options, which we can tailor for your specific needs. One thing they all have in common is they are super hydrating, which is a key factor in staying strong and healthy, preventing headaches, increasing energy and mood, and more. Ingredients include high-dose vitamin C, magnesium, B vitamins, amino acids, and fat-burning nutrients. Our favorite for the immune system? The Superhuman Immunity & Energy Booster, which is designed to enhance energy, promote restorative sleep and strengthen your immune system.
- Supplements offer a ton of additional support, in therapeutic doses that oftentimes diet alone just can’t reach. Our blends include ingredients that work synergistically together to give even more of a boost. We have tons of offerings, from tasty elderberry/mushroom-based formulas that kids and adults will love to packets you take twice a day to simplify your life and take the guesswork out of deciding which supplements to take. Here are a few of our favorites that we love in our own home apothecaries:
Silver Linings (pun intended)
Silvercillin is nanoparticle silver, which interferes with the binding and attachment phase of viruses. That means that viruses can’t replicate effectively. It also means that it is effective regardless of a mutation like this. Keep in mind that not all silver works the same. For example, colloidal silver is too large a molecule to interfere with the binding and attachment phases of viral replication.
C the Difference Vitamin C Can Make
Studies in Italy and China are studying the benefits of IV vitamin C on COVID-19, with promising results. Cambiati Wellness is proud to offer vitamin IV drips that contain high-dose vitamin C that bypasses the digestive system and goes straight where it’s needed. This enables you to boost your reserves quickly and efficiently.
Prefer to take something home with you? Our C+ Biofizz is a tasty and easy way to get in more C. It’s citrus flavored and fizzy, so you and your kids will love it—just add it to water or any Cambiati concoction for an easy immune boost
Zinc: A Missing Link
This magical mineral is necessary for glowing skin, a healthy metabolism, blood sugar management, and…you guessed it…your immune system! Researchers in Spain have found that patients hospitalized for COVID-19 who had the lowest levels of zinc at admission had more inflammation and worse outcomes than those with normal levels.
Did you know the highest concentrations of zinc in the body are in your ears and eyes? This can help protect the mucous membranes, the first line of defense in acquiring an infection, and lowers your risk of catching bugs. It also helps lower inflammation in the body.
We love Zinc Supreme because its chelated form makes it easily absorbed and assimilated in the body—plus it contains associated cofactors for superior results.
The Multitasking Multivitamin
A high-quality multivitamin is paramount, but Primal Multi is pretty badass. We loved it before the pandemic, but now we heart this blend even more. If you can only stand to take one supplement, this should be it. It contains higher concentrations of certain vitamins and minerals than most multivitamins to boost your immune system, and a spectrum of phytonutrients and antioxidants to offer additional protection and quench free radicals we’re bombarded with on a daily basis.
Research has found that the top 20% of cruciferous vegetable eaters reduced their all-cause mortality by 22%, and this product contains broccoli extracts that also support detoxification and hormone balancing. It’s truly the first multivitamin of its kind, designed to mimic the way humans evolved to originally eat. Containing other superfood compounds like lycopene, resveratrol, and citrus bioflavonoids, it packs a 1-2 punch to deliver vitamins, minerals and antioxidants to cover your bases and strengthen your whole system.
Plus, it contains a relatively high dose of vitamin D, which is shown to offer protective benefits against infections like COVID-19 (and a deficiency showed a 3.7-fold increase in the risk of death). Need more D? Consider our D/K blends, with varying levels of IUs to suit your needs.
This blend is a great one to have on hand in your home apothecary. Blending elderberry, mushrooms, astragalus root and wild cherry bark, it tastes great and is effective for boosting the immune system preventatively or after getting a sniffle.
These specific mushrooms and herbs have been hand selected by great scientific minds to support natural killer cell activity, cytokine synthesis, and the T- and B-cell mediated responses. In English? It helps your body better ward off infections. Each of these compounds have been used for hundreds or thousands of years, for good reason. Don’t ya just love nature!
Other tricks to support a strong immune system:
- Take a cold shower, or at least end your shower with a spray of cold blast. Researchers aren’t clear on why, but it seems to offer some protection from colds and other illnesses. It may be due to increasing your circulation or moving your metabolism.
- Manage your stress. We love gentle yoga, meditation, music, nature walks, stretching, and tapping/EFT. Tons of research now shows that feeling chronically stressed zaps the immune response, leaving you more susceptible to all kinds of disease and illnesses. Even a few minutes a day could help stave the doctor away.
- Get your sleep! Clocking less than 6 or 7 hours of sleep a night decreases your body’s defenses. Those who get less than 6 hours of regular sleep per night are 4 times more likely to catch a cold than those who get more than 7 hours of shut-eye per night.
There are so many more cool ways to stay healthy, including uses herbs and spices liberally, diffusing essential oils into your home and on your body, and even cuddling with your cat or dog to boost oxytocin! Call us to book a session with a nutritionist, who can share more intriguing tips: 925-280-4442