Free-form Essential Amino Acids
Amino acids play central roles both as building blocks of proteins and as intermediates in metabolism. The precise amino acid content, and the sequence of those amino acids, of a specific protein, determines the biological activity of the protein. Proteins not only catalyze all (or most) of the reactions in living cells, they control virtually all cellular processes. Humans can produce 10 of the 20 amino acids. The others must be supplied in food. Failure to obtain enough of even 1 of the 10 essential amino acids, those that we cannot make, results in degradation of the body’s proteins, including muscle. Unlike fat and starch, the human body does not store excess amino acids for later use so amino acids must be consumed every day. Amino Acid Synergy provides a mixture of essential amino in the free-form, meaning they are immediately available for absorption and can be put to metabolic use much more readily and rapidly when compared to amino acids contained in dietary protein.
Amino Acid Synergy is useful for:
- People whose diets are insufficient in quality protein
- Athletes that require additional amino acids to maintain or achieve greater lean body mass
- Patients who are cachexic from chronic illness or GI malabsorption
- Individuals who are in catabolic states due to stress or illness
- Those recovering from surgery or tissue trauma
- People wanting better quality hair and nails
- Patients who have been found to have confirmed amino acid deficiencies on metabolic testing.
** These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.