DopaBoost is a natural way to boost your body’s dopamine production, a critical neurotransmitter essential for normal central nervous system function. Dopamine affects attention, learning, movement, balance, and mood regulation, earning its place in the “reward” system of the brain as it promotes positivity, motivation, and balanced moods.
While dopamine exerts many of its effects in the central nervous system, it cannot cross the blood-brain barrier. To increase dopamine levels in the brain, we must provide precursor nutrients and other supportive compounds that can cross the barrier and be synthesized into dopamine.
Mucuna pruriens, the primary ingredient in DopaBoost, is a botanical compound naturally containing L-DOPA, a dopamine precursor that can cross the blood-brain barrier. In addition to Mucuna pruriens, our formula includes EGCg (epigallocatechin-3-gallate), acetyl L-tyrosine, quercetin, and vitamin B6. These ingredients were chosen specifically for their synergistic roles in dopamine production and regulation.
- Macuna pruriens – a botanical that naturally contains L-DOPA, the metabolic precursor to dopamine, which can cross the blood-brain barrier. The Macuna material in DopaBoost is standardized to contain an extremely potent 60% L-DOPA.
- EGCG (from green tea extract) – antioxidant; brain-protecting properties. These polyphenols in green tea offer neuroprotective effects, help to increase availability of dopamine. EGCG has been shown to have a positive effect on the electrical activity of dopaminergic neurons in the substantia nigra, the area of the brain where dopamine is made.
- Quercetin – a flavonoid present in many fruits and vegetables, naturally inhibits COMT (catechol-o-methyl transferase) and MAO activities, the key enzymes involved in the metabolism of dopamine. Quercetin works synergistically with Macuna pruriens and EGCG as it helps to preserve dopamine levels.
- N-Acetyl-L-Tyrosine – the acetylated derivative of l-tyrosine, the amino acid from which dopamine is synthesized. Acetylation helps to increase the stability and solubility of tyrosine, making it more efficient and bioavailable.
- Pyridoxal-5-Phosphate – vitamin B6 in its metabolically active form andneeded for the decarboxylation of L-DOPA to dopamine. P5P is a coenzyme for dopa decarboxylase, the enzyme responsible for the conversion of L-DOPA to dopamine. Dopa decarboxylase is especially important in the improvement of Parkinson’s disease.
DopaBoost may benefit:
- Neurological conditions affecting movement/balance
- Behavioral disorders
- Involuntary movements/ticks
- Sleep disorders
- Mood disorders
- Cognition issues: memory and learning disorders
- Those who need enhanced release of growth hormone
- Lack of motivation
- Low prolactin production (involved in lactation and sexual gratification)
- Those who test low in urine metabolites homovanillate (HVA) and/or vanilmandelate (VMA) as found in CMP (Comprehensive Metabolic Profile) Testing
- These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.