Great-tasting, emulsified MCT oil
MCT Colada™ contains emulsified medium-chain triglycerides (MCTs) with a great-tasting natural pineapple/coconut flavor. Its emulsification allows for unparalleled absorption, and will completely disperse when mixed into any liquid.
Medium Chain Triglycerides
MCTs are processed in the body very differently than long-chain triglycerides, requiring less energy and enzymes in order to be digested. In the body, MCTs get broken down into medium chain fatty acids (MCFAs) and their derivatives monoglycerides. They are easily absorbed across the wall of the small intestine into the bloodstream and then delivered straight to the liver where they can get burned for energy (instead of being stored as fat). In essence, they act similar to a carbohydrate, but without the requirement of insulin. As a result, MCTs are more readily used as a source of energy, leading to an increase in metabolism and providing quick energy replenishment when needed.
Highlights of MCT Colada™:
- From coconut and palm oil
- Pineapple/coconut flavor
- High energy, rapidly available fuel
- Emulsified for quick absorption and easy mixing
- Shorter in length than long-chain triglycerides such as safflower and corn oils
- Can be converted into ketones and used by the brain as an alternate energy source when glucose in not available
- Body burns MCTs for energy instead of being stored as fat thus can help increase metabolism
Medium-chain triglycerides are a unique form of fat with some very impressive health benefits. MCT Colada™ may be helpful for*:
- Neurodegenerative diseases
- Autistic children and children with cognitive development issues
- Post brain injury
- Athletes (helps preserve muscle during intense exercise; alternative energy source when on a low carb diet)
- Combating antimicrobial conditions (antifungal, antiviral, antibacterial)
- Immune system
- Weight management/metabolic support
- People who cannot maintain muscle mass (AIDS, cancer, sarcopenia)
- Malabsorption syndromes
MCT Colada bottle has 16 oz (454 g) liquid.