Phosphatidylcholine (PC) is an essential nutrient that plays a vital role in maintaining optimal health. As the basic building block of every cell membrane in the body, PC is critical for healthy cellular function. Without sufficient PC, cells may age faster and not perform at their best, which can have adverse effects on overall health.
While PC is naturally found in nuts, seeds, dandelion greens, and egg yolks, these foods are often consumed in inadequate amounts to provide an optimal intake of PC. Consequently, most adults do not obtain enough of this valuable nutrient through their diet alone.
Supplemental phosphatidylcholine, derived from lecithin, has been proven highly bioavailable, as nearly 90% of it is absorbed by the body. Phosphatidylcholine is easily broken down into free fatty acids by pancreatic enzymes and absorbed by the intestinal cells, making it an easy way to increase PC levels in the body.
Phosphatidylcholine is particularly vital for liver health, assisting with nutrient assimilation, hormone balancing, and toxin elimination. It helps protect the liver against toxins from alcohol, pollutants, viruses, medications, mushroom poisoning, and radiation treatment, making it an essential nutrient for supporting overall wellness.
Phosphatidylcholine has several other functions that contribute to maintaining optimal health. These include:
- Supporting the aging process by preserving the integrity of cell membranes and shielding them from damage.
- Encouraging healthy fat metabolism by facilitating the proper breakdown of fat.
- Promoting healthy cholesterol levels.
- Supporting healthy estrogen levels by helping the liver convert estradiol to estriol, a safer form of estrogen. In this way, PC can be beneficial for maintaining proper hormone balance in women.
- Maintaining healthy levels of homocysteine, an amino acid that can cause damage to the arteries at high levels.
- Protecting blood vessels by supporting normal blood pressure.
- Supporting healthy blood sugar levels by promoting cellular sensitivity to insulin, the hormone that regulates blood sugar.
- Helping the brain produce acetylcholine, one of its most critical chemical messengers. Acetylcholine facilitates communication between nerve cells, which is essential for creating and recalling memories. Therefore, PC can promote healthy brain function as individuals age.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.