Spiced Lentils with Greens and Sweet Potatoes
Adapted from Minimalist Baker:
This delicious and nutritious 1 pot dinner will soon become your new favorite!
It takes about 10 minutes to prep and 40 minutes to cook and can easily feed the whole family! This dish freezes well and is perfect for batch cooking. This dish can be customized with different vegetables depending on your preferences and uses ingredients you probably have in your pantry! let us know your thoughts on this Spiced lentils with Greens dish.
We recommend soaking your lentils overnight to improve digestibility and produce a softer lentil.
1 cup soaked brown or green lentils
2 sweet potatoes- peeked and chopped into bite size pieces
2 tbsp coconut oil
1 white onion
1 cup Frozen or fresh kale
1/2 cup Frozen or fresh spinach
1/2 cup frozen or fresh green beans
5 minced garlic cloves
1 tbsp Xylitol (https://www.cambiati.com/?s=xylitol)
1tsp crushed black pepper
1 1/3 tablespoon ground cumin
2 tsp ground cinnamon (we like oak town slice shop)
2 tsp coriander
1 tsp ground turmeric
1 scoop collagen (https://www.cambiati.com/product/whole-body-collagen/)
5 cups vegetable broth
1 cup filtered water
- Heat a large pot and add coconut oil, onions and garlic. Saute for 7 minutes, stirring frequently until slightly browned.
- Add sweet potato chunks, salt, pepper, cumin, cinnamon, coriander, turmeric and xylitol. Stir until sweet potatoes are evenly coated.
- Add vegetable broth and water, stir to combine. Bring to a low boil, then add lentils. Stir to combine and bring back to a low boil. Cover with a lid and crack the lid slightly so steam can escape. Cook for about 18 minutes or until lentils are tender.
- Once the lentils are tender, add spinach, kale and green beans. Stir to combine, cover and cook for another 8 minutes.
- Add in collagen. Stir and turn off heat. Let sit for 5 minutes before serving.