A Recipe for Romesco Sauce That is Fast, Easy, & Fresh
You know that if it’s Rebecca approved recipe that it is fast and easy! This recipe is really fresh and delicious. It is fabulous to add flavor to veggies and proteins alike. Rebecca first tried it on asparagus and turkey cutlets. It really helps add flavor to the turkey and is so much easier than a gravy! It’s also a really fresh way to change up the flavor profile. This version cost $15.16 to make with the pre-roasted peppers accounting for $9.99 of that but it is so worth it compared to roasting them yourself.
- 3/4 cup raw almonds
- 12 oz. roasted red peppers, drained (You can roast your own and if so do three peppers.)
- 1/2 cup fresh basil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 roma tomatoes, seeds removed
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- optional: 1-2 tablespoons olive oil (I skipped this but you can add it if you need it for the consistency)
- optional: dash of cayenne pepper
Blend all items in a blender until you get your desired consistency. Yup, it’s that easy!
This has some veggies but it is primarily your healthy fat. A single serving of healthy fat is three tablespoons.