- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 1/2 tbsp. chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 large garlic clove, chopped
- 3 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 lemon, cut into thin slices, divided
- 4 small bone-in, skin-on chicken breasts (about 2 1/2 lbs. total)
- 2 bunches/1lb broccolini or broccoli
- 1 red onion, cut into 1/2″ wedges
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper, plus more for serving
- Salt, pepper, and red pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Combine parsley, rosemary, garlic, and 1 tbsp oil in a bowl. Season with salt and black pepper. Place 8 lemon slices and half of rosemary mixture underneath skin of chicken, dividing evenly. Rub remaining rosemary mixture over chicken, dividing evenly. Roast on a rimmed baking sheet 20-22 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toss broccolini, onion, red pepper, remaining lemon slices, and remaining 2 tbsp oil in a bowl. Season with salt and black pepper. Remove baking sheet from oven and arrange vegetables around chicken. Bake until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the thickest portion of the chicken reaches 165 F, 12-14 minutes.
- Serve with salt, pepper & red pepper for sprinkling to taste.
(Adapted from Marian Cooper Cairns)
Want more help in preparing delicious, healthy meals like this? Check out one of our amazing cooking classes by clicking here!