Seasonal Creamy Asparagus Soup
Asparagus is a super vegetable! Packed with nutrients, this water dense wonder food is a good source of fiber, folate, and vitamins A, C,E and K.
Asparagus peak season is from February to June so enjoy it while it lasts!
This soup is a fan favorite and is relatively easy to make. Prep takes about 10 minutes and cook time is about 20. Let us know your thoughts on this creamy asparagus soup recipe!
2 Tbsp Coconut oil or olive oil
1 Large bundle of Asparagus
10 ounces frozen or fresh green peas
5 garlic cloves
1 yellow onion
1 cup coconut milk
1 1/2 cup vegetable broth
3 Tbsp Nutritional yeast
Salt + pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400. Spread asparagus spears on baking sheet. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with salt + pepper. Shake the sheet/ stir to coat spears evenly.
2. Roast asparagus for about 15 minutes or until tender, then set aside.
3. Heat a large pot then add oil. Add in onion and garlic. Cook until translucent and fragrant.
4. Add peas, coconut milk and broth to the pot. Stir and season with salt + pepper.
5. Transfer pot contents to blender with the asparagus and blend until smooth and creamy.
6. Transfer back into pot and heat on medium stirring occasionally.
7. Add salt, pepper and nutritional yeast. Stir and taste. Add more nutritional yeast if desired.
8. Remove from heat and add in lemon if desired.
9. Garnish with chopped parsley, nutritional yeast and ENJOY.