- 1 large spaghetti squash, halved (and scooped; seeds removed)
- 1/3 cup water (or 1-2 Tablespoons olive oil, rubbed on inside of squash)
Black Bean Filling
- ¾ cup dried black beans, soaked for 8-24 hours and cooked with sea salt and garlic (optional)
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1 cup thinly sliced red cabbage
- 2-3 Tablespoons chopped green onion, green and white parts
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- ½ lime juiced, or to taste
- Pinch of sea salt to taste
- 1 ripe avocado, mashed
- ½ lime, juiced, or to taste
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- Pinch of sea salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut the squash in half and scoop out the seeds with a spoon, like a pumpkin.
- Fill a roasting pan with 1/3 cup water. Lay the squash cut side down in pan and bake for 35-40 minutes or until soft and tender.
- Meanwhile, in a medium sized bowl, mix together all ingredients for Black Bean Filling.
- In a seperate bowl, mash the avocado and then mix in all ingredients for Avocado Mash.
- Remove squash from oven and let cool for 5 minutes. Scrape the squash with a fork to resemble spaghetti noodles, then fill with Black Bean Filling and top with avocado mash.