Heat your grill to medium high heat. Mix chia seeds and water and let stand for 5 minutes to let chia gel.Gently combine all ingredients (including chia gel). Try not to over mix. Let stand for 10 minutes then form into patties – about 1/4 to 1/3 cup each. Grill each side for about 7 minutes or until fully cooked.
- 1 lb ground organic turkey
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup white onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt
- pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp sun dried tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp ground chia seeds*
- 4 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp organic coconut flour
Makes 4 burgers
*These yummy burgers are egg-free, though if you’d rather you could certainly substitute eggs for the chia gel. We love the allergen-free version!
Cilantro Lime Glaze
Mix all ingredients and pour over grilled burgers and any side veggies.
- 2 tbsp organic extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp full fat canned coconut milk
- 2 tbsp unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp cilantro, chopped
- 1 tbsp lime juice